Harlaxton CE School ensures that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils within the school community. To do this we:
• Strive to promote a positive mindset for growth of all our pupils through using our core Christian values to create independent and well nurtured leaders.
• We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to deprived groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils/vulnerable pupils (VP) are adequately assessed and addressed.
• Make provision for vulnerable pupils, as we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
• We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. Therefore we reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
• Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
• Promote quality first teaching as our initial strategy, giving children good quality learning scaffolds and supports to succeed and achieve. However those children in need of additional support will receive interventions at some point throughout the school year whether they are in receipt of free school meals or not.
• We aim to give all of our children a balanced and creative curriculum, widening experienced and enhancing learning through a range of opportunities, including using Project Based Learning to enhance the delivery of teaching, using visiting speakers into school as well invaluable school visits and trips to enhance the projects. We also thrive on showcasing our work to an authentic audience, whether that be a teddy bears picnic inviting parents to join in, an exhibition to share work, a music or drama based concert or using a written outcome that is then published.